Pages

Fabulous Friend Friday

I have lots of cousins, but Kathryn is my 'cus-friend'. When Scott and I got together he said we could have been sisters. I am so proud to say 'My cousin has written a book'. She sent me a note to say her book had been published. I sent her a note back 'I'm so proud of you'. I knew I would read her book. I just wasn't sure if I would be able to honestly say 'I liked it' and figured if I didn't, I had my bases covered already. lol I got the book, I read it, and....it's GOOD! So I made her this card to say 'I'm so proud of you, I read it and it's good'. I used Mojo Monday Sketch 182 as my jumping off point. The card is glittery and sparkly and just FUN. whew I'm so glad I can say 'your book is good' and be truthful. ;-) So, I AM proud of her for going for it and her book IS good. It's The Farmer's Story. It's very neat for me since it's set partly in my town and many of the details are from our childhood. Sharing those details here would bore you, I'm sure, but made the story extra special for me. Her story itself is very good even without that life connection. I truly am very proud of KJ!
Thanks for looking!
Today I'm grateful for: lifelong cus-friends, my son's friend sleeping over tonight (great kid I'm so glad he's in Ty's life), day off school, gorgeous weather, watching the cat try to kill a tennis ball
Stamps: Verve Beautiful You
Paper: DCWV Sweet Stack and I think Spring from years ago from stash
Extras: Red line tape, Studio G glitter, Darice gems

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.