Pages

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's 60th birthday. Yay, Mom!!!!!! I hope your day is fantastic. BTW, I'm not spilling any beans, Mom doesn't hide her age. I say it's because she looks so young that people are surprised when she tells them her age. She says with a kid knocking on the 40 door, she can't claim to be younger without raising eyebrows. rofl Whatever! She's Sixty and Sensational!

The first card is the one from the kids. Tyler made it, Devon fetched supplies, Emily applauded the effort. When he was finished, Ty brought me the card to take a picture 'so you can blog it'. He stamped each letter individually. He's MUCH better at lining things up than I am!

And here's my card:
We've established my mom is girlie. She has a little dog (not quite this little, but close) and adores purses and the color red. I wanted to use spotlight technique for 'That Moment'...the moment when you're shopping and you see nothing but the ONE thing and you MUST have it. For some it's craft supplies, for some it's shoes, for some it's purses, for some of us it's all of the above. ahem I couldn't get a decent picture with the bubble's glare, so please use your imagination......the purse is lipstick red with black patent corners and bottom and glittery red buckle. Mom loves Spectators, so I made the inset white to bring that style in for her.

The sentiment actually combines words from three different sentiments to come up with 'May Your Day Be Tote-ally Fantastic'. That's what I hope for Mom today. She's teaching this morning, so the kids and I are surprising her with Starbucks and hugs to get the day started right!

Thanks for looking!

Today I'm so very grateful for my amazing mom. She gave me life and taught me how to really *live*. She is a wonderful mom and my best girl friend. According to my husband she is the best mother-in-law ever (and he says that when she's not even around lol). My kids absolutely adore her. She may look too young, but she fully embraces the name, Grandma. All in all, my mom rocks!

Stamps: MFT Tote-ally Fantastic, Top Shelf Sentiments, bear unknown, Studio G alpha
Extras: MFT Die-namics Scalloped Scallop, Copics, Spica, Glaze pen, Inkssentials, clear bubble sticker

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Michelle's Mom!!!

    I absolutely LOOOOOVE the card you made for her. The spotlight technique looks awesome with this stamp!

    The kids did a great job with grandma's card, I love that little bear! I made some Christmas cards with that same bear holding a tree last year. Got them in a swap a few years ago, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!! Hooray! Happy 60th to mom. I have on of those young looking moms too. But she is 72! 8)
    Great cards from everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.