Pages

Explosion Cards

I love the Explosion Card. It's fun, stands up by itself and it's easy to make. What's not to like? Special thanks to Dawn Griffith for the excellent directions.

Because the base of the card is a 4" x 12" strip, I cut a 12" x 12" kraft cardstock into three bases and made three explosion cards at the same time. The bases are the same, but everything else is different.


First up is a birthday card for my friend. She likes hedgies, the color blue, and her morning cocoa.
The hedgies are from a set I got at Walmart for $3. I read about the set on SCS. When I heard there was a moose wearing leg warmers, I had to venture into the store. The set is cute enough to make this Target girl happy I went to Walmart this time. ;-D The hedgies are colored with Koh-i-noor. The cup, mittens, and smoke are highlighted with Spicas (love them!).

Second is another birthday card. Surprisabella with hat this time.
I love this polka dot paper, so colored Bella to match. Her hat, yellow gift, and the ribbons on the other gifts are highlighted with Spicas.

Finally, a monkey hug for a young friend who has been in and out of the hospital with various issues. This card is what set me on the Explosion kick this weekend. I wanted something that could be propped up on the table so he could see it from the bed and know we're thinking of him.

The stars on the center panel are colored in with clear Spica. I hope the monkey hug brings him a smile!

Today I am grateful for: storytime at the library, healthy children, wooden block mountains tumbling down, fluffy towels, and pumpkin spice coffee creamer.

1 comment:

  1. I see my birthday card!!! But I'v not seen those cute $3 stamps at Wal mart!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.