Pages

Gift card holder

No stamping here today. I needed something for one last gift card, so I made the gift card holder, card and envelope. The paper is from the DCWV Christmas stack.

The paper is 12x12. This gorgeous tree was in the corner of one sheet. I just had to use it for the card. I didn't take a photo of the inside, but I used another corner off the paper that was the grey pattern with a flourish of a more muted burgandy.

The gift card holder is very simple. Cut cardstock 4 1/4" x 11", score at 5 1/2" and 3" from each end. Fold into a W. When you've folded you can see where to apply adhesive. If you hold it like a book as in this picture, it's the top, bottom and left side. Be sure not to tape the side you want to hold the gift card. Ask me how I know that. lol The first time I made one of these, I actually made two because I glued the whole thing shut on the first one. Cute little booklet, but not so good to hold a gift card.
The front of the holder is decorated with another section cut out of one of the other matching sheets of paper from the stack. The holder is 3" across and the words fit like it was meant to be.
Thanks for looking!

Today I'm grateful for: NOT having to go out in the icy cold rain, our fireplace, a hug sandwich from my sons, Word Girl holding my daughter's attention long enough I could sew her new pillowcase without her seeing it, that first moment of pure bliss sinking into a warm bath

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.