Pages

Scrap Stack Diving

Today I took down our Christmas tree. sniff  It's a big job packing each ornament away carefully so they don't break on the trip to the garage rafters and back down in December.  We don't have a fancy matchy-matchy tree.  Instead, our tree is covered with memory ornaments.  Emily had to help me and say goodbye to all her ornaments.  This made the job take a bit longer, but was a lot more fun.  After the boxes were hauled to the garage and the carpet vacuumed....the room feels bigger!  That's my favorite part of the 'pack up the tree' day, the room expansion. lol

For today's scraps, I decided to gamble.  Currently, I have my scraps sorted by color family, but I used to just make a pile of them.  I'm in the process of trying to better organize the craft room I moved in to umm last summer.  Anyway, I found another stack of scraps in a box labeled 'scraps'.  Don'tcha love great organization skillz? haha  So, I pulled out three pieces, put them on the table, and decided to use two of them.


I split the checked paper in half, but it was already the width of the card.  The funky dotty paper is the same size I pulled out, I didn't trim it at all.  Meant to be, I guess.  Stamps are from Unity 12/11 KOM, but I split stamped the sentiment.

Wow I'm wordy today!

Thanks for looking!

 Today I'm grateful for:  memories in Christmas ornaments, an 'instant' free room expansion, warm sunny weather, family pizza and movie night, silly diva letting me beat her in XBox dance games

Stamps: Unity 12/11 KOM
Paper: scraps from lost and found pile
Extras: glasses are on pop dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.