Pages

New week, Newly inked

I received Unity's Jolly Wreath in the mail Saturday. LOVE happy mail!!! Since it's brand new, it's perfect for today's post.

I couldn't decide whether to stamp on cream or green, so I did both and got two different looks. For both, I stamped in green, colored some of the small circles with my brand new red Spica, and used a black faux brad for the door knob. Both card bases are cream embossed cards.

Using a mostly green pattern from Basic Grey Sultry pack looks very 'wreath-like', but the red Spica doesn't show as well. Gold braided ribbon for the door hanger and a little satin ribbon bow at the top.

Stamping in cream made the red Spica pop. I didn't like the wreath solo on the cream background, so I made this one a red door and left off the ribbon.
So which one do you like best? My husband likes the green wreath with ribbons, but he wants it on the red door. I think that would be too busy, but I'll probably try it anyway. He has a pretty good eye.


Today I'm grateful for: our warm home (our windchill right now is 3*), the beauty of the frosted morning, the wonder on my daughter's face as she looks up at our tree, my boys giggling about surprising each other with their Christmas gifts, the whole family dancing around as Scott burns some new CDs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.